Arrival and departure - Safety and Security:
- School timing is from 7:30am to 2:00pm (summer) and 8:00am to 2:30pm (winter); unless specified about any change by means of a circular. Please be punctual and respect the school timings. (Parents are only allowed to leave their wards till the school gate after 7:30am, not to accompany them inside the school).
- All students are provided with the ID cards, which they must carry at all times while in school. They must also carry school almanac to the school daily. The Almanac should have the students photograph and latest and updated contact details (including mobile phone numbers of parents and their email ID).
Please inform change of address, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, etc. to the school office / class teachers in writing for updating records.
- The school timings for classes I to XII are 7:30am to 2:00pm in summers (unless intimated about any change through a circular in writing). The school gate will close at 7:40 in summers and 8:10 in winters. Children will not be allowed entry into the school, once the gate is closed. You are requested to cooperate with the school authorities and not to argue or pressurize the security personal to accept children after the school gate is closed. This is particularly applicable for the students coming by private or personal transport or walkers.
- The transport department will decide the route and give you the timing for the arrival and departure of the buses. Please respect the timings and stops given by them; as the buses will not be able to wait beyond the given timing.
- School transport users will be escorted by the staff to their class rooms. They will also be sent to buses under supervision, while going back. School buses will bring them inside the school premises and they will also board the buses parked inside the school.
- Under no circumstances, a student should be allowed to come to school driving / riding a motor cycle or any other vehicle. As the student is under age and does not hold a driving license, it is a punishable offence. If any student is found violating this rule, strict disciplinary action will be taken.
- Personal and private transport users should park your vehicles in such a manner that it does not obstruct the traffic. Also be extra careful while driving near the school.
- Students and even visiting Parents are expected to wear their I-cards each time they visit the school. Parents without the I-cards will not be allowed in school.
- Please be positive and polite , while interacting with your children at home, other children and their parents, teachers and other school staff including the bus drivers.
- About visiting the school staff, please refer to the visiting hours mentioned later.
- In case of an emergency which requires the presence of parents, they will be informed to meet the Principal.
Note: Cell phones are strictly not permitted within the school premises. However, for the safety and security of your ward, in case carrying of cell phone is considered a necessity by the parent, then a written request giving reason for the same should be forwarded to the school. In case of favourable consideration, the student will be required to switch off and deposit the cell phone with the class teacher on arrival. He/she will collect the same from there itself while leaving the premises.
School Transport Rules
- School bus routes are drawn up based on convenience and the demand, while ensuring that no route is overly long. Parents should consult the school’s transport-in-charge, for necessary details or any changes desired.
- Under no circumstances are students allowed to go behind or under the buses parked in the school campus. Students are not allowed to sit in the parked buses during school hours.
- Under no circumstances should students touch the instrument panel of buses
- A student using the school bus is expected to be at the bus stop at least five minutes before the schedules arrival of the bus. The student has to be on the correct side of the arrival bus.
- Students are allowed to use only their allotted bus and bus stop. There is no provision for temporary change in the bus or bus stops.
- Student, who misses the allotted bus, should not try to board any other bus. In this case it is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to the school. Such, students may, however return by their allotted bus.
- Students must make sure that the aisle of the bus is clear, and that the school bags and other belongings are placed properly.
- Students must keep all parts of their body inside the bus at all times. They should not put their hands out even for waving.
- No object should be thrown inside or outside the bus.
- The consumption of edibles and drinks is not permitted in the bus.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited in the bus.
- The drivers’ attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The drivers are authorised to stop buses at designated stops only, unless directed otherwise by the teacher after consultation with the I/c- Transport and Principal.
- In case there is a permanent change in the stop and/or bus, permission for the same has to be sought through an application on the prescribed form available at the school office. The change shall become effective only after the school grants written permission. Request for temporary change in the bus or bus stops will not be entertained.
- Parents should, for the safety of their children, ensure that their wards are always escorted to and from bus stops, an application mentioning the same must be sent to the principal.
- If, due to certain exigencies, a student has to leave the school campus during school hours, the following rules will be observed.
A written request must be submitted by the parent
A gate pass must be obtained and shown at the school gate before leaving the campus.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the bus under any circumstances.
Attendance / Leave rules:
- Please note that 80% attendance is mandatory for a student to be eligible to appear in the Assessment / End of Term Examination . Even on medical grounds, absence beyond 20% of working days may not be accepted.
- Taking leave on a normal working day of school should be avoided . In case of leave, a proper leave letter should be sent to the Class teacher on the same day / next day. All medical leaves (for 02 days or more) should be supported by a proper Medical Certificate.
- Children, when sick, should not be sent to school to attend classes. Students who have been sick should bring a medical certificate from their doctor on joining the school.
- A student who has been absent on the previous day should bring the leave letter duly signed by the parent.
- Leave for going out of station (especially during the working days) should be approved by the Principal.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 06 consecutive working days can lead to the name of the student struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of a fresh admission fee.
- Half day leave is not allowed.
Children till class III can come to school in coloured, simple clothes on their birthday. Students from Class IV onwards should come in school uniform even on their birthdays.
ONLY A TOFFEE/CHOCOLATE can be distributed by the child during the break time. We do not allow anything more than this.
It has been and will always be our endeavour to provide optimum education to all our students. In this connection, you, as responsible parents should co-operate with the school authorities in maintaining the timings and discipline of the school. For the smooth running of the school administration, all students should follow the rules and regulations mentioned below.
Adhere to the school rules and guidelines (please refer to the school almanac for the same) strictly.
The observance of rules of the school and good behavior is an essential condition to a student’s continuance in the school.
All the students at Gurugram Public School are expected to
- Maintain proper discipline in the School and in the school bus (applicable for school transport users).
- Keep the school and classrooms clean.
- Please do not bring excessive cash, expensive pens, watches, cameras, music systems, jewellery, mobiles, ipods etc to school. The school will not take responsibility if they are lost. Any of the electronic items like mobile phones, ipods, portable music systems etc found with the student will be confiscated immediately and will be returned to the parents only. The school bears no responsibility for articles lost in the school.
- Do not use any slang or foul language. In fact, advise others against it.
- Don’t indulge in fights or arguments with other students, either in the school or in the bus. Take the help of your teachers / parents to resolve problems, if any.
- Please don’t waste water and electricity in school.
- Don’t take any other student’s note book or anything else without their permission.
- A student should not be found outside the classroom without the class-pass / written permission from the concerned subject teacher.
- All the notebooks should be properly covered and labelled.
The following disciplinary measures can be adopted by the school:
- Oral warning and counseling
- Written warning
- Undertaking by the parent / student
Payment of Fee Installment on time :
Kindly adhere to the fee payment schedule for paying the school and transport fee (if applicable).
Nonpayment of fee will result in the child’s name being taken off the rolls after a stipulated time.
Absence in weekly tests:
No retest will be taken for the students absent during the weekly tests / exams. Consideration what so ever, will be only on genuine Medical grounds that too, at the sole discretion of the Principal, only after the parents submit an application with Xerox copies, of all relevant medical documents to the Class Teacher / at the school office.
A student absent in any test / exam will not be eligible for any academic award / certificate during that academic year .
- School Almanac: Please refer to the school almanac for all necessary information like School Rules, School Calendar, Important Dates (including Examination / PTM / Vacation Dates), Testing and Evaluation pattern, other relevant records and communication.
You are requested to refer to the school Almanac for any relevant information.
- Please visit the school website (www.gurugramschool.in) for regular updates / important announcements / circulars.
- Parents Teacher Meetings – You must attend all the PTMs as and when scheduled and meet the Teachers to assess the progress of your ward.
- Parents are not allowed to meet the Teachers or enter the class room block, when the classes are in progress.
- Our Teachers are available to help you as and when required. Your cooperation with the teachers will definitely help your child gain academically.
- You may meet the School Principal between 2:30pm to 3:30pm on working week days (Monday to Friday – except on holidays) or between 09:00am to 12:00pm on Saturday (except 2nd Saturday and holiday), with prior appointment.
School Office Timings:
On all working days (as per the School Calendar):
Monday to Friday: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Non-working Saturday (except 2nd Saturday): 7:30am to 1:30pm
Please note that the admin and accounts departments work during the summer and winter vacations (on working days).
(School Office shall remain closed on 2nd Saturday and during the other holidays given in the almanac / school website)
We look forward to your cooperation in reinforcing the values, to ensure a better and brighter future for your children.