EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT
The School follows Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) strictly as per the guidelines issued by the CBSE for assessing the scholastic and co- scholastic areas of teaching learning process. The student’s pace of learning is assessed at regular intervals to bring continuous improvement in his/her performance.
- There are two terms in classes VI- VIII, the 1st Term is from April-September and the second term from October – March of the subsequent year. Each Term has 2 formative and 1 Summative Assessment.
- For promotion to next class students have to obtain qualifying grades (D & above) in three compulsory subjects Science, S.St. , Maths and three languages, English, Hindi and French/Sanskrit.
- Term 1- 10% of FA 1+ 10% of FA 2 + 20% of SA-1.
- Term 1- 10% of FA 3+ 10% of FA 4 + 40% of SA-1.
- Each formative assessment comprises of evaluation of 2 Class-works, 2 Home-work, 1 Formative Assessment, 1 Portfolio, 1 Activity, 1 Class Performance Assignment and 1 Project.
- Summative assessments are the terminal examinations- Half Yearly and Annual.
- Students scoring 40% and above in all subjects and in the aggregate will qualify for promotion to the next class.
|Weightage Criteria for Promotion|
|Classes VI - VIII||10%||10%||20%||10%||10%||40%|
Schedule of Assessments
Formative Assessment - 1 is in the form of Class Room activities(both Written as well as Oral)